Saturday, January 3, 2009

Panic At The Disco: Pretty. Odd.







Hellooooo friends!

I am reviewing Panic AT The Disco album...Pretty. Odd.

This album is very much inspired by The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album. Obviously. I was pretty nervous when I first got this album, I'll be honest. But, I was suprised to find that this album is really good. There are some songs that I'm pretty sure they were on something when they wrote the lyrics. That only makes things more creative.
1.] "We're So Starving"
This song is what I call an "ab-fab-intro". This takes you right into the next song, "Nine In The Afternoon".

2.] "Nine In The Afternoon"
Yes, definitely on something. But, this song is very catchy and it's one of the better songs on the album. This song made me stop being so worried about the album.

3.] "She's A Handsome Woman"
I really love Brendon's voice in this song. As I listen to this song right now, I am swaying with the music. I don't know what that means exactly. I think it means I like it?

4.] "Do You Know What I'm Seeing"
This song is really relaxing. No, not relaxing it just...kind of puts you in a trance. Makes me kind of dazed. "Do You Know What I'm Seeing" is good. And now I'm even less worried about this album.

5.] "That Green Gentlemen [Things Have Changed]"
I really love the lyrics to this song. And this is one of my favorites on this entire album. Yes, I think it's THAT good.

6.] "I Have Friends In Holy Spaces"
The first time I heard this song it made me want to get up and start doing the charleston with my finger waving in the air. You can infer what you want with that statement.

7.] "Northern Downpour"
"Northern Downpour" started out slow, but as I kept listening I started liking it. So, even if you think it's slow and boring, keep listening. I don't think you will be disappointed by the end of the song.

8.] "When The Day Met The Night"
This song starts of slow, but don't you dare go to the next song. It sort of reminded of me of a High School Show Choir...but better. I liked it.
9.] "Pas De Cheval"
Okay, this song reminds of The Beatles...like a lot. If you like The Beatles than you'd like this.

10.] "The Piano Know Something I Don't Know"
This song starts off really slow--for me at least--but by 0:50, I immediately start liking it. It has a big band sound and I'm a sucker for that.

11.] "Behind The Sea"
This song is very Beatles-like. This song makes me smile. Why? That is simple; I love good music. Very Beatles-esque. Ryan's voice is very relaxing. Around 2:30, they scared the crap out of me. I suddenly hear this Greek/Italian sound. Or Polka? I don't even know. But, it was good.

12.] "Folkin' Around"
I believe this song was written by Brendon Urie, instead of Ryan Ross--if I remember correctly. It's very simple, and...folksy. I wasn't expecting it even with the title, maybe that why i like it. Because it's different. I'm not one for country, but I can't hate on this song.

13.] "She Had The World"
Ryan is my favorite part of this song. It's a pretty song.

14.] "From A Mountion In The Middle Of The Cabins"
I like this style. It's catchy.

15.] "Mad As Rabbits"
The beginning is cooliooo. I'm pretty sure they were into Alice In Wonderland when they wrote this album. I like both, Brendon and Ryan, singing in this song. It was epic.


Personally, I like Pretty. Odd. more than A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. I like this style better. Probably because I'm an old-timer for a 13 year-old. This album is pretty much as "mad as rabbits". Did you like that simile? Pretty good, huh? Anyways, I hope this helped. GO OUT AND BUY IT!


My Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment